WO Mic is a free piece of software developed for the Windows and Mac operating systems. Designed to turn your Android smartphone into a microphone for your computer, WO Mic lets you skips having to buy a traditional microphone and instead, repurposes your existing smartphone. With millions of users already, people everywhere are installing and using this software to record for many different purposes. Not only does it cost nothing, it’s really easy to use and supports multiple connection methods.
WO Mic can turn your phone to be a microphone for your computer. You need not to pay a cent to buy any gadget. And it’s mobile if you choose wireless transport. Millions of people have installed it and are using it daily for talking, recording, voice remote control and many other activities.
Below diagram shows how it works:
There are 3 components of WO Mic:
- WO Mic App which runs on phone. It captures your voice though phone microhhone and tranmit them to computer.
- WO Mic Client which runs on computer. It connects to app, receives voice data and passes them to virtual mic device.
- WO Mic Virtual Device. It also runs on computer, though in kernel space. It receives voice data from client program, simulates a real microhone device, and provides audio data to applications like Sound Recorder.
- Wireless microphone without any cost
- Can be used with any programs on PC just like REAL microphone
- Very short lag
- Easy to configure and use
- Supports auto reconnection when your PC reboots
- Support multiple connection methods: Wifi, Bluetooth and USB
- Audio format: 48000 sampling rate, 16 bits per sample, mono channel
Turn your phone into a mic
Recording audio and vocals into your computer traditionally requires the purchase of a microphone. This is not only costly, but it’s also inconvenient, especially for those that aren’t familiar with audio technology. If you only need a microphone or minimal or one-time use, buying a new microphone doesn’t make sense. Thankfully, WO Mic can help your record audio without having to make a big purchase. Phones can be come wireless microphones easily and can be used on your PC or Mac in seconds.
Are you trying to find one wireless mic for your PC or Mac? Well, you need not to spend time and money to buy one. Just try this app!
WO Mic turns your Android phone to be a microphone for your computer. You can use it for voice chatting, recording, and recognition. It has nearly little latency (*depending on transport and environment), just like REAL microphone devices!
The connection between PC and Android phone can be via Bluetooth, USB, or WiFi.
Are you trying to find one wireless mic for your PC or Mac? Well, you need not to spend time and money to buy one. Just try this app! WO Mic turns your Android phone to be a microphone for your computer. You can use it for voice chatting, recording, and recognition.
It has nearly unnoticeable lag (*depending on transport and environment), just like REAL microphone devices!
The connection between PC and Android phone can be via Bluetooth, USB, or WiFi. With Mac, only Wifi is supported. If you would better audio quality, please try “WO Mic Pro” which is its paid version. It also supports volume adjustment.
If you thought connecting your phone to your computer for its microphone was difficult, you’ll be surprised to learn just how easy to process really is. With multiple connection methods, including through Wifi, bluetooth and USB, WO Mic is versatile and adaptable to most setups. Even if you can’t access the Google Play store, it can still be downloaded directly from the developer’s website with a list of setup instructions.